Just a nice simple summer salad… Goes well with some beer and some being outside.
Makes 4 servings
grilled corn salsa + chicken salad
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 ears of corn (in husks)
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalepeno, seeds removed and flesh finely diced
- 6 roma tomatoes, seeds removed and flesh diced
- 3 small or 2 large avocados, diced
- 4-5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Combine diced red onion, jalepeno, tomatoes, avocado, green onion, cilantro and garlic in a large bowl with juice of half a lime and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix together and set aside.
Heat grill to medium high.
Place corn, in husks, on the grill and cook until husks are charred and corn is tender - about 12 minutes. Peel back the husks to let the corn cool. Once they’re not too hot to handle, cut the kernels off the cob and mix into the salsa.
Meanwhile, squeeze juice from remaining half of the lime over chicken breasts along with a tablespoon or so of olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Rub seasonings into both sides of breasts.
Place chicken on the grill and cook – about 5 minutes on each side… maybe more maybe less, it depends how busty your chicken is.
Slice the chicken, lay it on top of a heap of grilled corn salsa and serve with some sliced baguette or fresh corn tortillas.